I recently discovered these clever lip balm holders created by Renee O.over on Splitcoast Stampers. I first saw on Pinterest in Yvette Ashe's blog post from 2007. Please take a moment to visit both their gallery and blog by clicking on their names here in this post. They both have a bunch of fabulous 3-D projects, as well as card ideas!
For my Christmas holders I followed Yvette’s dimensions. I liked her dimensions as you can cut five base pieces out of one 8-½” x 11” sheet of cardstock.
- 1 – 5-¾” x 2-¾” base piece of Real Red cardstock scored at 2-½” and 3-¼”
- 1 – 5-¾” x 2-¾” base piece of Whisper White cardstock scored at 2-½” and 3-¼”
- 1 – 2” x 2” piece of Whisper White cardstock
- 1 – 2-1/8” x 2-1/8” piece of Basic Black cardstock
- 13” piece of red or white Ribbon
- ChapStick Tube
- Find the center of the Whisper White scored cardstock running lengthwise (top to bottom). The center of this piece is 1-3/8”. With a pencil, draw a 1-¼” line starting from the top score line (it will go past the bottom score line by one half inch.)
- Once you have your center line marked, move your ruler over ¼” to the left of the center line. Draw a 1-¼” line starting from the top score line.
- Now move your ruler over ¼” to the right of the center line. Draw a 1-¼” line starting from the top score line.
- Erase the middle line and use your paper trimmer to cut the two slits by following the two remaining lines.
- Decorate the outside of the scored Real Red base, with the Endless Wishes snowflake stamp or any snowflake stamp you may have on hand.
- On the 2”x 2” piece of Whisper White cardstock. Stamp the outline of the Snowman in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Colour nose and scarf with markers.
- Stamp the words "Merry Christmas" in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Attach the Real Red base to the Whisper White base by using a strong adhesive (Tear Tape works great).
- Insert the ChapStick in the strap. Close the holder by wrapping the Black or White Ribbon around the outside of the holder and tie in a bow.
- Attach the Basic Black piece to the Real Red panel over top of the ribbon to hold in place.
- Add any bling you want to give it some sparkle, I used some Wink of Stella clear on the snowflakes.
If I can give you just a little inspiration, where you can look at one of my cards and think I can do that, or I could tweak that and put my own spin on it, then I am achieving what I have set out to do!
P.S. Please share. with your friends and leave me a comment below. I read them ALL!