Dec 13, 2016

Lip Balm Holder

Hello my crafty peeps!

I recently discovered these clever lip balm holders created by Renee O.over on Splitcoast Stampers.  I first saw on Pinterest in Yvette Ashe's blog post from 2007.  Please take a moment to visit both their gallery and blog by clicking on their names here in this post.  They both have a bunch of fabulous 3-D projects, as well as card ideas! 


For my Christmas holders I followed Yvette’s dimensions. I liked her dimensions as you can cut five base pieces out of one 8-½” x 11” sheet of cardstock.
Dimensions:                                                                        
  • 1 – 5-¾” x 2-¾” base piece of Real Red cardstock scored at 2-½” and 3-¼” 
  • 1 – 5-¾” x 2-¾” base piece of Whisper White cardstock scored at 2-½” and 3-¼” 
  • 1 – 2” x 2” piece of Whisper White cardstock 
  • 1 – 2-1/8” x 2-1/8” piece of Basic Black cardstock 
  • 13” piece of red or white Ribbon 
  • ChapStick Tube 
Directions:

  1. Find the center of the Whisper White scored cardstock running lengthwise (top to bottom). The center of this piece is 1-3/8”. With a pencil, draw a 1-¼” line starting from the top score line (it will go past the bottom score line by one half inch.) 
  2. Once you have your center line marked, move your ruler over ¼” to the left of the center line. Draw a 1-¼” line starting from the top score line. 
  3. Now move your ruler over ¼” to the right of the center line. Draw a 1-¼” line starting from the top score line. 
  4. Erase the middle line and use your paper trimmer to cut the two slits by following the two remaining lines. 
  5. Decorate the outside of the scored Real Red base, with the Endless Wishes snowflake stamp or any snowflake stamp you may have on hand. 
  6. On the 2”x 2” piece of Whisper White cardstock. Stamp the outline of the Snowman in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Colour nose and scarf with markers. 
  7. Stamp the words "Merry Christmas" in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. 
  8. Attach the Real Red base to the Whisper White base by using a strong adhesive (Tear Tape works great). 
  9. Insert the ChapStick in the strap. Close the holder by wrapping the Black or White Ribbon around the outside of the holder and tie in a bow. 
  10. Attach the Basic Black piece to the Real Red panel over top of the ribbon to hold in place. 
  11. Add any bling you want to give it some sparkle, I used some Wink of Stella clear on the snowflakes. 



If I can give you just a little inspiration, where you can look at one of my cards and think I can do that, or I could tweak that and put my own spin on it, then I am achieving what I have set out to do! 

P.S. Please share. with your friends and leave me a comment below. I read them ALL!

Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...