Aug 29, 2026

A Midnight Murder by Kate Wells

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "A Midnight Murder by Kate Wells” the 8th instalment in The Malvern Farm Mystery seriesThis is the first book I have read in the series and by this author, if you love mysteries set England this is for you! I plan on going back and reading the complete series 
Discover the BRAND NEW instalment in Kate Wells' addictive cozy mystery series. From the BESTSELLING author of A Very Merry Murder

Fireworks, family feuds… and a fatality

Jude Gray is ready to ring in the New Year the proper way – at the local pub, surrounded by friends, neighbours and the usual Malvern mix of good cheer.

But this year, all eyes are on the Merebrooks. Wealthy, enigmatic and woven into the fabric of Malvern for generations, they’ve always been a family people talk about… and not just because of the scandalous murder of years gone by.

When a marriage proposal sends shockwaves through the already fractious clan, the atmosphere turns from celebratory to strained. And then, as the clock strikes twelve and fireworks light up the sky, tragedy strikes. One of the Merebrooks is found dead.

As suspicion falls on the feuding family, Jude finds herself drawn into yet another mystery. Because behind closed doors, this family has been hiding secrets for years. And Jude is willing to bet someone is willing to kill to keep them buried ­– at any cost.

A gripping new instalment in the Malvern Farm Mystery series, perfect for fans of Frances Evesham, Merryn Allingham, and Faith Martin.

I liked the dynamics between the investigative team, Jude and how they played off each other. I loved the farm setting with the sheep and other animals as well as the side characters, it has made me want to read the series from the beginning.

The mystery was really interesting, well plotted, and had just enough twists to keep you engrossed and wanting to know what happens next. I was sad to see this was the last book in the series but at the end of Murder at Midnight is a sample of a new mystery by Kate Wells which I have pre-ordered already.  It sounds intriguing and I can’t wait to read it. 

I recommend this book to all my cozy lover friends.

I requested and received an Advanced Readers Copy from Boldwood Books and NetGalley.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Please join the conversation and comment below.  Have you read… If so what did you think/like

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Midnight Murder by Kate Wells

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "A Midnight Murder by Kate Wells” the 8th instalment in The  Malvern Farm Mystery series . ...