Dec 6, 2023

Love Letters on Hazel Lane by Jennifer Page

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing “Love Letters on Hazel Lane” by Jennifer Page.  This is the second book I’ve read by this author and what can I say other than I loved it and read in one day. 
Scrabble fan Jo always seems to pick the wrong guys. Now she’s moved to the Yorkshire village of Hebbleswick, and decided to give dating one last chance. This time, there’s a catch: she will only date men whose names would score highly in her beloved word game.

After Tarquin (16 points) proves just as disappointing as the rest, she meets low-scoring local doctor Ras (3 points). Her rules mean she can’t date him – but when he asks her to organise a Scrabble festival with him, she can’t say no.

As the event draws nearer and Jo and Ras grow closer, will Jo ignore her rule and let true love blossom over the triple letter scores?
The setting of a tiny village called Hebbleswick sounded like just my cup of tea, I could picture it especially as I have visited small villages in England.  It had everything you could want in a story friendship, community and love. I adored Razz and how he seemed to really like Jo but they both had insecurities getting in the way. 

I found the characters to be well developed, and multi-dimensional. It’s a great follow up to The Boardgame Cafe , and I can’t wait to pick up the authors next book! 

I will definitely read other books by this author.

I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Aria and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...