Sep 25, 2023

Murder at the Pumpkin Pageant by Darci Hannah

Hello my cozy friends, 

Today I am reviewing “Murder at the Pumpkin Pageant” by Darci Hannah the 4th instalment in the "A Beacon Bakeshop Mystery" series.  I loved visiting Beacon Harbor, Michigan again and really want to to go to Michigan now …Brandi M here come!

The latest installment in Darci Hannah’s delicious Beacon Bakeshop Mystery series set in small-town Beacon Harbor, Michigan, featuring a baker heroine who lives in the local lighthouse with her beloved Newfoundland dog, Wellington.

Lindsey prefers to keep her bakeshop’s Halloween decor light and autumnal, rather than gruesome and ghoulish. But everyone knows her lighthouse home is haunted. Some intrepid teens have even tried to break in to witness the resident ghost themselves. Dreading Halloween night, Lindsey reluctantly allows her influencer and podcaster best friend, Kennedy, to host a live ghost hunting investigation in the lighthouse, conducted by a professional team. Protective of her ghost, Lyndsey is understandably nervous about what they might uncover . . .

The segment is uneventful—until things take a terrifying turn. The team freaks out. As Kennedy joins the mad dash outside, she bumps into what looks like the prankster teens’ creepy clown costume hanging from a tree. But when Lindsey’s dog, Wellington, begins to whine, they make a grim discovery: the clown is no dummy. It’s a corpse.

Now Lindsey and company will need to keep their cool if they want a ghost of a chance to solve the murder—and see another Halloween . . . 
I absolutely love this series,  Lindsey, Rory, Kennedy, Tuck, and her co-workers at the Beacon Bakeshop are lots of fun to hang out with.   I enjoyed seeing how the characters of Lindsey, and Kennedy have progressed since the last book and look forward to the next book as we were left with a small cliffhanger.

I love Wellington the big Newfie who loves everyone especially if you have food but he is loyal to Lindsey and he really shines in this story.  I also love the idea of living on a haunted lighthouse where the ghost is watching over you and seems to have your back.  

It was entertaining, full of twists and turns and I didn’t completely guess whodunnit until Lindsey did.  Plus all the descriptions of the pumpkin baked goods made my mouth water. ( recipes included in back of book)

I highly recommend this series to all my cozy loving friends and I can’t wait for book 5 - Murder at the Blarney Bash in January 2024

I requested and received an advanced readers copy from Kensington and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Please join the conversation and comment below.  Have you read… If so what did you think/like

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Stranger in the Library by Eva Gates

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "A Stranger in the Library” the 11th instalment in the "Lighthouse Library" Myste...