Apr 18, 2023

The Little Board Game Café by Jennifer Page

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing “The Little Board Game Café” by Jennifer Page.  What can I say other than I loved it and read in one day.  Who doesn’t want to escape to a small town in the Yorkshire countryside...
An irresistible story of love, friendship and the power of Games Night, perfect for fans of Holly Martin and Christie Barlow.

When Emily loses her job, house and boyfriend all within a matter of days, she's determined to turn a negative into a positive and follow her dream of running a small cafe in the gorgeous Yorkshire village of Essendale.

But she quickly finds she's bitten off more than she can chew when the 'popular' cafe she takes over turns out to secretly be a failing business. Emily desperately needs a way to turn things around, and help comes from the unlikeliest of places when she meets local board game-obsessed GP Ludek. But when a major chain coffee shop opens on the high street, Emily is forced to question if she'll ever be able to compete.

Has she risked everything on something destined to fail? Or can a playful twist, a homely welcome, and a sprinkle of love make Emily's cafe the destination she's always dreamed of?
The setting of a tiny village called  Essendale sounded like just my cup of tea, I could picture it especially as I have visited small villages in England.  It had everything you could want in a story friendship, community and love. I adored Mr. B and how he seemed to adopt Em and her cafe.  We actually have a board game cafe here in Calgary, Canada,  now I must go check it out!

I found the characters to be well developed, and multi-dimensional. It’s a great start to a new series, and I can’t wait to pick up the authors next book! 

I will definitely read other books by this author.

I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Aria and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...