Jul 14, 2019

A Thread of Darkness by Sally Goldenbaum

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "A Thread of Darkness" by Sally Goldenbaum the second book in the "Queen Bees Quilt Shop Mystery" series.  I thoroughly enjoyed this book and have read and purchased the previous book.
Length: 166 pages
Publisher: Lyrical Press (July 2 2019)


As owners of the popular bistro The French Quarter, former New York City restaurateurs Picasso and Laurel St. Pierre are the toast of the town of Crestwood, Kansas. Chef Picasso’s culinary creations delight the women of the quilting club, who have embraced him as a friend. But Laurel’s anti-social behavior confuses Kate Simpson—until she spots Mrs. St. Pierre with another man in what appears to be a lover’s spat. 

Gossip travels fast in a small town like Crestwood, and rumor has it this isn’t Laurel’s first indiscretion. She also filed a police report accusing Picasso of domestic abuse. And when Laurel’s murdered body is found Picasso is the prime suspect. To prove their friend’s innocence, Kate and the Crestwood Quilters must uncover the secrets of Laurel’s past—a patchwork history wrapped up in Kate’s own teenage years . . .

As I have said many a time I love a mystery that has a crafty theme!  "A Thread of Darkness " is the second instalment  in the Queen Bees Quilt Shop Mystery series by Sally Goldenbaum. This Is the 2nd book by this author I have read and I enjoyed it more than the first.

The  mystery is interesting and I loved the characters which are well developed. The Queen Bees are a mixed group of eight women of different ages and lives who gather together at a local quilt shop to work on quilting projects.

The plot and story were good and seemed to flow at a good pace. There are just enough twists and turns, to keep you guessing and second-guessing on whodunnit.


I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from Lyrical Underground and NetGalley.  All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...